This kit uses multilingual digital stories and information to explore a range of environmental issues including:
- Climate Change
- Waste & Recycling and
- Food & Gardening
The Kit contains:
- a 15 page Information Booklet of facts and tips in English, Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Hindi, Dari and Dinka.
- a Multilingual DVD of digital stories that explore personal stories of the environment within tradition, culture, history, beliefs and experiences relating to the topic areas in English, Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), Hindi, Dari and Dinka.
- an English language Education Resource that provides suggested activities, curriculum-linked lesson plans and critical questions for use in workshops and classrooms.
- A translated brochure Understanding Climate Change and Saving Money on Power Bills.
- A copy of the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage publication Building Sustainable Communities: Ideas for Inclusive Projects.
The kit is designed for use by community workers, leaders and educators across primary and high schools, TAFE, local government, libraries, multicultural services, community organisations, welfare agencies and cultural groups.
To register to receive a FREE copy of the kit, please contact ACDN on 9649 5559 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The contents of the resource will also be made available online at www.acdn.org.au
Multiple copies can be provided where of use.
This resource kit is the end result of a two year process of consultation, creative engagement and community education by Auburn Community Development Network (ACDN) through the Living Green project, supported by the NSW Government through its Environmental Trust. Select digital stories and the Education Resource have been developed with the support of the Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency. ACDN is a community organisation that builds stronger communities through arts, youth and community development programs.